Thursday, April 26, 2007

He Knows My Name

A Sunday school teacher relates how a class of youngsters she once taught had some problems repeating the Lord's Prayer. What they lacked in memory skills they made up for in imagination. One child sincerely prayed, "Our Father, who art in heaven, how'd you know my name?"
A few years ago, Tommy Walker, a well known worship leader penned the words to a simple but profound song:

I have a Father, he calls me his own. He’ll never leave me, no matter where I go. He knows my name, he knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call.

If you were as fortunate as I to have an earthly father who exemplified the qualities of our heavenly father, then you know the above verse is true. But if you were not so fortunate, as so many of our children here at New Vision City of Refuge, you can rest in the truth that God is everything you have always hoped for in a dad.
When a child doesn’t have a family to call his own; then God calls on his family to fill in the gap. That is the heart and soul of our ministry at New Vision City of Refuge. This is the ministry you are a part of as well as you invest in the lives of these children through your prayers and financial support. Thank you so much for all you do.

No comments: