Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What's in a Name

Sophia and friend Merlene.
Many of the conveniences we have in the States are simply not available here in Jamaica. We live in a very rural community and Cable TV is not an option. But when I found out that high speed internet was available I jumped at the opportunity. Now among other things my family and I could listen to our home town Christian radio station in Fort Wayne, IN- Star88.3.
Today, while we were listening it was time for the Family Name Game. That's when a name is highlighted and if your child has the same name you have a chance to call in and win. Well, when the name Sophia was called out today my oldest daughter Olivia excitedly handed me the phone and told me to call. I thought there was no way I would win. But surprise, surprise I did! How fun it was to talk with Melissa Montana, general manager of Star88.3 and speak about my youngest daughter Sophia!
Thank you Star88.3 for making our day.

No comments: